The TEXT marketing opportunity for restaurants and bars is significant: the data demonstrates that mobile guests – who must opt-in to receive your text messages – are super fans, highly engaged, and consistent.
Because customers must give you permission to send them text messages, you have to build a database from the ground up. The best way to do this is to promote your KEYWORDS with a simple call to action. Make sure to include an incentive, such as a discount coupon or reward, to sign up.
How Bars and Restaurants are using SMS Marketing:
- To drive traffic during off-peak hours or slow days with coupons
- Alert guests of availability of reservations for upcoming holidays
- Changes to the menu? Announce it with a quick SMS blast.
- Send out weekly specials.
- Send triggered messages with welcome, birthday, and anniversary offers that strengthen your guest relationship.
- Send alerts about changes in open hours or unexpected closures.